Pente Pigadion 6
Home : +357 22376953
Mobile : +357 99302026
E-mail : email@example.com
A challenging position, utilizing abilities developed through my education and professional experience to advance my career in teaching Geography and Geographical Information Systems.
Teacher: Ministry of Education, Cyprus. Junior High School. (September 1st 2009 – Present)
· Teaching Human and Physical Geography of Europe and Geography of Cyprus.
· Demonstrating, analyzing, and explaining to students basic concepts and functionalities related on Geographical Information Technologies GIT.
· Developing and presenting variety of other informal presentations to colleagues.
Teacher: University of Cyprus. Nicosia, Cyprus. (September 1st 2008 – May 15th 2009)
· Department of Science in Education. Pre-attendance teaching training and in class practicing.
· Taught Geography to the high school students at the Anthoupolis junior high-school.
Teacher: G. C. School of Careers. Nicosia, Cyprus. (September 1st 2007 - August 31st 2008)
· Head of the school’s Geography department.
· Taught Human and Physical Geography to the second and third of the high school graders.
· Award leader to run “The Duke of Edinburgh’s” program.
Teacher: Xenion High School. Paralimni, Cyprus. (September 1st 2006 – June 30th 2007)
· Taught to the students of the senior school, Geography at the IGCSE’s level.
· School’s project coordinator of the proposed research project “Mera”.
Teacher: American Academy. Nicosia, Cyprus. (2005 - 2006)
· Taught and prepared students to learn and become more familiar with variety of geographical theories, terms, and geographic techniques needed for their IGCSE exams.
Demstar Information Group. Nicosia, Cyprus. (2003-2005)
· Help and support to install, register and authorize the ACAD software.
· Assisting and escalate urgent problems that required more in depth knowledge.
· Basic demonstration of the functionalities, how Architecture desktop 3D software works.
Researcher. Arrow Map Inc. South Easton, Massachusetts, U.S.A. (2000-2003)
· Employed in the production department to gather, compile, update/edit street maps
street indexes and other relevant products.
· Use of ArcGis software to identify and plot points of interest as well as other topographic features within the area of coverage.
· Use of Microsoft Word and Excel in order to prepare street indexes and document findings.
Lecturer. Higher Hotel Institute of Cyprus. Nicosia, Cyprus (1998-1999)
· Taught to the students “principals, of human’s interaction in the physical world”, “Economic Geography”, and “Geography of Tourism”.
Teacher. Limassol International School. Limassol, Cyprus (1997-1998)
· Taught “Human and Physical Geography” to the students of the senior school.
Land Surveyor. Chant Topo Services Nicosia, Cyprus (1993-1997)
· Carried out the necessary survey work and took appropriate measurements for the preparation of plans on which the registrations are based for the issue of the title deeds.
Northeastern University. Boston, Massachusetts. USA.
· MPS – Masters in Geographic Information Sciences. August 2013
· GPA : 3.9/4.0 – Sigma Epsilon Rho Honor Society
University of Cyprus. Nicosia, Cyprus.
· Completed Graduate Certificate Program in Science of Education. May 2009
· GPA: 9.07/10.00
University of Massachusetts at Boston, Massachusetts. USA.
· Completed Certificate Program in Geographic Information Technologies. July 2002
· GPA: 3.08/4.0
Framingham State College. Massachusetts, USA.
· Bachelor of Arts in Geography. August 1992
· GPA 2.03/4.0
· Diploma. Major Core Subject: Economics.
A’ Acropolis Lyceum. Nicosia, June 1984.
TECHNICAL / COMPUTER QUALIFICATIONS:
· Geographic Information Systems: Desktop GIS / ArcInfo 10
· Geographical Information Systems : Arc Map / 10
· Geographical Information Systems: Arc Catalog 10
· Geographical Information Systems: ArcGIS - Business Analyst extension.
· Geographical Information Systems: ArcGIS - Spatial Analyst extension.
· GIS Cartography
· Internet-Based GIS
· Project Management - wMSProject 2010
· Spatial Databases
· Autodesk’s Architectural Desktop 2006 / 2009
· Certificate. AutoCad - Architectural Desktop 2004.
Demstar Information Group. Private Institute. Nicosia, January 2004.
· Test of English as a Foreign Language.
Nicosia Cyprus. November 1985.
· Date of Birth: December 31st, 1966
· Place of Birth: Nicosia.
· Nationality: Cypriot.
· President of the Board: “Cyprus Association of Geography Teachers”
· Member at the board: Cyprus Association of Geographers
· Sigma Epsilon Rho Honor Society. Northeastern University.
· Award leader “Duke of Edinburgh’s” program.
· Member of the National Geographic Society.
· November 2014 – April 2015: Sustainable development project. Managed a team of students to use ArcGIS software to design a plan that will promote well-being’s a healthier community in Nicosia’s CBD district.
· October 2013: Within the main aim for the school year 2013-2014, leader of a team in order to use Geographic Information Technologies to research, and to produce a presentation regarding abandoned locations that exist in Cyprus since 1974.
· November 2012: GIS leader for a team of students, that have been produced a digital map showing all Churches that exist in the Island of Cyprus. A map that has been published on the web. http://www.churchofcyprus.org.cy/article.php?articleID=3203
· October 2011: GIS team’s leader, for producing a map showing a possible rail network creation in the Island of Cyprus.
· September 2010: Carried out the necessary research to obtain data in order to upgrade the Cyprus Ministry’s of Education Geography book.
· November 2009: Prepared documentation for the University of Cyprus, with a theme “The Genesis of Cyprus.” The documentation included variety of text materials, maps, graphs, and animations, and it has been published in the web from the Cyprus Ministry of Education and Culture.